733MHz but not 600MHz?

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
I have this older IBM I was going to set up tonight. I had swipped the old processor out of it so I could have a faster one in my video computer. Since then, I hadn't really touched the compter. Today, I try to use it, and get nothing. Everything seems to be connected right and all. Normally, it'll cut on as soon as you plug it in then cut back off. THat's just how this system worked. Now, it cuts on, but won't cut off or do anything unless you hold the button down.

The old processor was a PIII 733MHz @ 133MHz FSB and this new one is a PIII 600MHz @ 100MHz. EVERYTHING else in the system is original. I can try the old processor sometime, but it's a pain to get it out of that other comp, so I wanted to hold off on that for now. I don't see any settings for FSB... Any other ideas?

Hi,

Well... all i can say to that is (because thats the same to what happened to my other computer) maybe the power supply (PSU) has failed.

Do you know though that the old one is better than the one you're replacing it with?

Hope I can help
Kage

I sure hope the PSU hasn't failed. It's not a standard one in this IBM and would be a pain to replace(if the mobo is sitll good)

I know the old one was better. The old one was a 733/256K/133 and the new one is a 600/256k/100. Or the new one is a 600E, if any info can be found on that.

Back
Top Bottom