laptop help

VTHokies

Beta member
I have a couple of questions. to start, i found you guys through google, the webmaster forums i use to visit are down and these seem much more "friendly" so i think may stay here.

My grandpa has a laptop, 2000 inspirion 800 with a pentium III (yea it isn't that great and actually he wants a new one, probably one of the newer cheaper desktops, but anyway) here's the problem. His touchpad options have disappeared and he wishes to change the sensitivity. I've looked all over for them but can't find them. I'm not great with computers but i'm more advanced than a lot of people i know and still couldn't find it. If i could get some suggestions of where I could get this back I'd really appreciate it.

also, 2 minor problems- when he shuts down from the start up menu his computer freezes and when he shuts down using his power button the computer doesn't shut down but rather restarts.

How could he fix these or where could he look to attempt to fix them?

He's using Windows ME if that affects anything.

Thanks,
Chris

WindowsME has tons of shutdown related problems. and bad power management. I suggest getting him an upgrade to Windows XP.or win2000 they have much better power management and have way less problems than windows ME.

to reeinable his touchpad options go to the manager which is in the right program files directory and bring it back up. also ask if he accidentally uninstalled it.

thanks for he help, we're going to give him our xp probably (yea not legal but he's only gonna need it till he gets his new computer) cus he wants it anyway. but when he gets a new computer (maybe sometime next month) hen he'll get xp.

thanks for the help, i'll pass on the word.

Back
Top Bottom