XP Login

Stiffler1470

In Runtime
Is there a program to customise the XP login? Like to put ur own pics and colors and stuff? i tried logonstudio, but my pics wouldn't work. can any1 help me out?

Thanks!!

check out this place:
themexp.org
I don't know how advanced you are, but Ive done it with a few of theirs...
click through their list of logons till you find one you like, if you like it you're done.
If you want to change it, such as the background and such, you can use a program, wich is listed there under "build Your Own" called ResHack, or resource hacker. you may want to follow the tutorial on how to change the boot screen, and apply what you learned there to editing the logon you download.
that's how I learned everything I know, however if you are not quite advanced enough to do this, I'm sure that there are other programs out there, but I've never seen any that I really like.
good luck

also, if you get that far, you'll need to overwrite the original logon file, so boot into safe mode and browse to system32. when you et there make a backup of the oringinal logonui.exe file, and then overwrite the current one with your new one by dragging it into the window. then reboot and you're done.
I hope this wasn't too confusing but maybe it is. lol
I know there are programs out there that will do it for you so you don't have to do it manually but I'm not sure where you can get them. I'll look around.

yeah. ummmm. . . .. im not extremely computer smart. Im not really that experienced. I just saw how u can change it and i just thought it would be kool. Im still looking for a program. Just one where u can change colors and pics easily. not very complicated.

i tried style Xp for that same reason but with no luck, maybe I did somthing wrong.
anyway sorry stiffler my advice didn't work. i assumed that might confuse you, but that's the way to do it manually in case you ever decide to learn more about it.
I'm gonna check out style xp again and see if there is somthing to it that i missed.

Ok, Im checking out style Xp, which costs $20 after the trial expires, and It does not seem to allow any manual changes to the logon or visual style, it only seems to aid in the installing of new bootscreens, visuals, logons, etc, which also come from themexp.org
so y'd have to choose one you like.

soo.. there are only programs to change it w/ an already made one? so i cant make my own?......................

yeh I don't see a way to do it with themexp. It can probably be done with some program out there but I havn't seen one yet.

Back
Top Bottom