Windows XP user accounts

soonerfan

Beta member
I'm trying to figure out if i can change the permissions for XP user accounts. i want the account i set up for my GF's roomate to have less permissions and i cant figure out how to. the "limited" account can do pretty much everything i can do with mine.
basically i dont want her to be able to...change ANY of the computer settings, program settings (internet, etc) or download anything. can i set that on her user account?

maybe what you need is some xtra security software. that way you should be able to set that stuff up but I don't know what exactly to use. :(

Um...Set it under Regular user when you make the account, not admin. That way, she isn't allowed to change or install anything on the computer without admin permission. You're also going to have to go into settings for internet explorer or firefox, whichever you use, and make it impossible to download, and lock the settings. Can't remember off the top of my head where that option is located, but it's there.

well..they can download stuff unfortunately, and I have found that it can install some stuff and not other stuff.....but it can't mess with any settings in the control panel, or change anything.

Back
Top Bottom