Serial drive query...

Fullerm40

Beta member
Hi not really 'knowlegable' with computers so I need your help!

My parents bought a new hard drive for our PC (DiamondMax 9 80Gb) but the connectors were different than the one which was previously installed, after some digging I found t'was a serial drive. Is this implya case of buying a cable to convert our current cables to fit the new drive? Any ideas on where I could buy such a cable?

Thanks in advance

(MOBO)=Motherbored
There is a wire that is about £10 i think its called a SATA RAID something like that, they sell it in pcworld they will tell you twhat it called, i had one until i changed hardrive.

Your sata wire goes in the harddrive and then to your motherbored some MOBO's DONT have this just check that yours does have the port on the mobo, it is red and there will be more then 1 some have 2 and some have 4 just check mate its about 1.5 cm long the port what you put it in, thats what it should be, sorry for not much help.

Ok cobra...doesnt know anything :p

You motherboard has to be sata onboard compliant. If it isnt you can buy a SATA card to slot into a PCI slot for around £15. And the cables for that are like £1 from ebuyer.com.

if you have a motherboard book i suggest checking it about sata abilities to check if u have it or not and need to buy a card.

You easiest opt would be to return it and get a IDE drive and you wont have much ahsstles.

yeah. SATA is kinda hard to work with. you need drivers and everything... blah :p

its not realy, its just confusing to a noob.

I have it, i love it ;)

Back
Top Bottom