Made my final list of parts. What do you guys think?

about your hard drives, I would go with a Maxtor Diamondmax 10 myself, it is only a "tick" slower than the raptor 10k drive and has tons more storage, since you can get it in a 300 gb variety. if you don't mind sacrificing just a "tick" of speed for all the storage.

Tommy Boy said:
about your hard drives, I would go with a Maxtor Diamondmax 10 myself, it is only a "tick" slower than the raptor 10k drive and has tons more storage, since you can get it in a 300 gb variety. if you don't mind sacrificing just a "tick" of speed for all the storage.

How is it a tick slower? The raptor ms is 4.5 ms compared to the Maxtor 9 ms. The Maxtor is 7200 rpms and the raptor is 10,000. Or do none of those numbers matter. Plus I didn't find a 300 gig one. I do like that is cheaper. Plus I wanted a SATA, the Maxtor is just a ATA. Once again does that matter at all.

Dustin

how much does that really help. The 200 gig only has a 8 the 250 has the 16. I still want to find a 300gig. ANd what about the SATA

Dustin

well considering, my gf's system has a 2mb, xp takes a while to boot up. My old 8mb was very quick.

Now my 8MB SATA doesnt even wait at the loadign screen, its a blink load up!.

Imagine 16MB ;)

Looks good but i think you will need more storage
74gb rapter is very fast.

go for it if you you want
if you want an external tv tuner here is a very good option pinnacle see there external tv tuner.

;)

still what about the ATA vs the SATA how much does that matter. Plus I still want to see a 300 gig one. From what I have heard the raptor is the best. What is the closest one too it.

Dustin

Also one the Video card what does the video out do? Plus I need to find a good sound card. What should I look for? And is there a card between the 6600 and 6800. And what is the differance between the GT models?

SATA is better than ATA in transfer speeds, but i think you need drivers for it, because windows doesnt detect SATA drives (i think). and SATA cables are thinner than ATA, so airflow in your case will be a tad better.

Back
Top Bottom