AMD or Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dell_ate_my_dog said:
amd athlon xp3200+/256MB RAM/80GB Maxtor ata-133 HD/winxp pro/ xfx mobo(n2fs-alh) xfx geforceMX4000 128MB AGP 8x graphics card. my systems FSB speed is running at 200MHz due to the fact my mobo wont let me go up all the way to 400.

so my perforrmance isnt even optimized and it still runs better than a P4!!!

Firstly you cant go up to 400 fsb because NO AMD does. Your machine, is as I thought, a low spec machine. If it had a descent graphics card (the MX4000 is a joke). it would be a little closer to the mid range bracket.

So you have a CPU that's not manufactured anymore. A graphics card that's the lowest nvidia make now and 256Mb ram.

Dont need to comment on it's performance... the spec speaks for itself

Lol, because we are not sad enough to waste our wages on high spec computers to sit and brag about and play fucking doom III ? how sad... I use mine for normal internet browsing and music..not much a of a fanatic like you.. Its just a bit sad.

Dell i hink hes trying to be a knob and say the highest is 200FSB and its multiplied.

You only run at 133/166/200

the actual speed is 400MHz bus speed.
The ram also runs at that speed
the north bridge and south bridge also run at 400 mhz
they also interface with lower speed components like the pci slots that only run at 33mhz and the ide hard drives which only run at 100/133

the only thing that gets multiplied from the bus speed is the processors speed (i.e. the athlon xp 3200+ runs at 2.20GHz and a bus speed of 400MHz therefor it has a multiplier of 5.5)

Why does the Athlon Xp 3200+ run at about the same GHz as its previous editons? Because it has a larger core and can calculate more things at once, and can process larger chunks of data. You can see the size difference of the core just by looking at the chip, it is at least twice as big as the athlon xp 2700+

camers said:
Dell i hink hes trying to be a knob and say the highest is 200FSB and its multiplied.

You only run at 133/166/200

He was saying that his Fsb of 200 was the bottleneck in his system. He thought that the f.s.b. 200Mhz was slow having seen 400Mhz somewhere. This as even you know isn't the problem as it is the f.s.b. x 2. Although if you know how to O/C you can get a little more out of them.
As to using your machine for surfing etc. What else could you do with a crappy old machine like yours.You certainly couldn't play the latest games on anything like a descent resolution.

Stick to soltitair and surfing the web. It's all it's good for.

lol...im not as sad as that. I have a console and play games occasionaly and play my friends. And.. I'll give you a treat for your anti-social snobbed up small cocked self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom