AMD or Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibant, you can complain about how Intel is better all you want, but no one cares, because they're losing to AMD. It's in buissness week, it's in the market. AMD is slowly, but steadily starting to dominate the market.

rakedog said:
Gibant, you can complain about how Intel is better all you want, but no one cares, because they're losing to AMD. It's in buissness week, it's in the market. AMD is slowly, but steadily starting to dominate the market.

That was never in question. I myself build around 9 AMD's to every Pentium 4. The fact remains that the P4 is a better alround machine.

The thread started by somebody asking the question of AMD or Intel and all the people with AMD's predictably said to get one like their own. Before finding out what the machine was for I hasten to add. They slated the P4 even though most have never used a good P4 HT. I was just putting across the otherside of the argument. From a standpoint of being very experienced in BOTH types of machine.

Well i am now in two minds wat to use for my new system @ chrimbo i may go for a P4 3.4Ghz Prescott

amd athlon xp3200+/256MB RAM/80GB Maxtor ata-133 HD/winxp pro/ xfx mobo(n2fs-alh) xfx geforceMX4000 128MB AGP 8x graphics card. my systems FSB speed is running at 200MHz due to the fact my mobo wont let me go up all the way to 400.

so my perforrmance isnt even optimized and it still runs better than a P4!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom