AMD or Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giancarlo said:
Nice try. AMD 64 is faster then the Northwood. That's proven by official benchmarks. Not distortions.

What distortion are you talking about? Can I take it by the absence of YOUR submition to Aquamark that your machine ISN'T ANYWHERE NEAR AS FAST.............. I THINK I CAN.

Giancarlo said:
No. I'm not going to listen to someone who takes credit for someone else. Can somebody ban this idiot? He obviously doesn't know the AMD 64 is 20% faster then the Intel Pentium 4 in 90% of the tests. Dumbass.

If your saying that I'm taking credit for someone else's work... take the first 3 letters of my surname (gibson) add the first 3 letters of my first name (antony) and you get...........gibant hence my forum names.

And please goto www.custompc.co.uk and see where the AMD's are in the Beat the office pc challenge. The last time I looked 70th place was the highest single processored AMD

who would buy 11 computers for themselves. waste of electricity and bandwidth!!

mostly 3000+'s how many and name ALL the specs from ALL of the AMD systems

if you cant name the specs theres soemthing fishy.

who would have 11 computers themselves??

are they all runnign at full FSB speed, optimized, etc.

folding@home dont take that much power anyway thats not a good thing to test upon.

try running at least 20 apps on an intel and report your findings.

and also before AMD realeased the Athlon they werent so great. so if nay of your systems were pre-athlon then i can see why an intel would be better.

but after athlon they were better than an intel of the same range or better.

gibant1 said:
What distortion are you talking about? Can I take it by the absence of YOUR submition to Aquamark that your machine ISN'T ANYWHERE NEAR AS FAST.............. I THINK I CAN.

AMD 64 beats Intel P4 in 90% of tests. So please give me a break. You are wrong and stupid.

Dell_ate_my_dog said:
who would buy 11 computers for themselves. waste of electricity and bandwidth!!

mostly 3000+'s how many and name ALL the specs from ALL of the AMD systems

if you cant name the specs theres soemthing fishy.

who would have 11 computers themselves??

are they all runnign at full FSB speed, optimized, etc.

folding@home dont take that much power anyway thats not a good thing to test upon.

try running at least 20 apps on an intel and report your findings.

and also before AMD realeased the Athlon they werent so great. so if nay of your systems were pre-athlon then i can see why an intel would be better.

but after athlon they were better than an intel of the same range or better.

Folding at home will take 100% of CPU utilisation. My lowest machine is a Duron 1300 (dont laugh). an 1800+ 2x2000+ 2x2400+ 2800+ 4x3000+

As I've said. I dont go out to Buy them. I have my own Company which among other things sells computers and I also repair them. As part of that busuiness I get the opportunity to take AMD in Part Exchange for a new setup. Instead of re-selling them I use them to fold.

There also prize money at overclock for the highest folder every month which is in my paypay account as week speak.

And benchmarks are easy to distort, easy to swing.. they are like online polls. Take a poll on an Intel biased website of course it will say the Intel is better.

Giancarlo said:
And benchmarks are easy to distort, easy to swing.. they are like online polls. Take a poll on an Intel biased website of course it will say the Intel is better.

The custom pc benchmark uses everyday application and multi-tasks them. Nothing special. No specially written software just apps that are in everyday use. When It comes down to it, there is no comparison.

As soon as the Nforce 4 board is out I will be buying a FX-55 and dual SLI 6800GT's. But I will still use the P4 as my min machine. AMD for games.

Speaking of games. Have anyone of you managed to get a framerate of 117.9fps on Farcry on max settings 1024x768?

This beast can do everything. That's always been my point.

No one on the Overclock.net forum has beat it yet including the FX-55 boys.

"As soon as the Nforce 2 board"

Idiot. NForce 2 is for the AMD XP series processor.

You don't know anything about computers.. moron.

I've got better on FarCry then that.

OMG.......are you realy sad enough to moan and moan about this...

Sometimes i worry about your social lifes...taking Pc's waaaay o seriously chill out...go enjoy life rather than moan about your shitty processors and knob ass cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom