AMD or Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
gibant1 said:
My machine has NEVER crashed. I can honestly say that. Dont forget that I own 11 AMD's. I know what they are capable of and what they cant do so well.

Before the P4 HT I was on a AMD64 3200+. Whilst it was a good fast machine. I worked around the tasks that it was poor at. we all do. If running say a full virus scan slows the machine to a bit of a crawl you just run it at certain times. You work out what you can and cant run at the same time. You adapt your work to the machine.

Then I got the P4 and when I ran things that would have slow the AMD down. I didn't miss a beat. So I through everything I could at it and WOW that's when I saw the power of the P4. If I had continued to work on my machine the way I did with the AMD64 I wouldn't have seen that much difference but when you run ANY programs at anytime, without ANY slowdowns you see the difference BIG TIME.

As I posted before, I was using Photoshop CS and Coreldraw 12 at the same time (creating a catalogue). When I switched between programs it took between 1 to 2 seconds on my Laptop P4 3Ghz HT. On the AMD64 3200+ that I use at work. It took bewteen 20-29 seconds (yes I used the stopwatch on my cellphone). That's all that needs to be said.

I own twenty cars, six apartment buildings and a private jet. See ma, I can lie too! The P4 sucks and has proven to be total suckage against an AMD 64.

Dell_ate_my_dog said:
I'd like to see thoeee "11 AMD"s!!

If you'd care to go to www.overclock.net

You'll not only find a very good forum but also the Folding league. Any of you who know what Folding is all about (not camers I wouldn't have thought), will realise how much power it takes to fold proteins.

Look at the league of fastest folders, there you will see that I am the fastest folder at present. Click on my name and it will tell you how many machines I have folding at present. I THANK YOU

Dude, you're a liar. And you aren't a very good one either. You could easily be bullshiting us with your crappy Northwood. Even my machine beats that piece of crap.

gibant1 said:
Go to the forum idiot.

No. I'm not going to listen to someone who takes credit for someone else. Can somebody ban this idiot? He obviously doesn't know the AMD 64 is 20% faster then the Intel Pentium 4 in 90% of the tests. Dumbass.

folding??? why would you do that for folding?? and folding is ONE App!!

and what are the specs on all those machines???

give me detailed specs on all of those and tell me what all you've ran on those other than folding at present.

benchmark all of them.

Dell_ate_my_dog said:
folding??? why would you do that for folding?? and folding is ONE App!!

and what are the specs on all those machines???

give me detailed specs on all of those and tell me what all you've ran on those other than folding at present.

benchmark all of them.

It's all I use AMD's for now. I have them littered everywhere. 4 in the hallway. etc. Folding is for the Greater good and I choose to contribute. As you know AMD are cheap and I pick them up all the time. They are mostly 3000+ XP's. When I upgrade someones machine I offer them an amount off the total price and keep the AMD for folding. That's it.

Some only have 10Gb drives in and 256Mb ram but it's enough to fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom