DVD/CD Burner Problem, Please Help!

matthiasj

Baseband Member
I've got a Dell Dimension 4400 with 512ram 80gig HD 1.8gig pentium 4 processor. We ordered it with a philips DVD/CD burner 2.4x DVD and 12xCD burner. I burned a dvd on it at one point, and burnt tons of CDs. One day i couldnt burn a DVD, but could still burn cds, so i called dell, and their diagnostics didnt work, so they sent me a new one, because we still have the warrenty. The new one is a Teac 8x DVD and 32x CD burner. I installed it, and burnt a DVD and CD successfully. But its extremly SLOW. It burns at 1x instead of 8x, and the CD burner burns at 10x instead of 32x, and while its burning, it just stops for a little while, then starts back up. I tried using the latest Nero, and Roxio 5 Premuim, and i get the same thing. Any idea what it could be??

well make sure your discs go up that high and amke sure that yor software is stup right and also make sure you dont have too many open apps

your buffer will fill up cuasing really slow speed.

Give your burner a bit of time to catch up to it's writing/reading speed, Use diffent discs and make sure that on the sodtware you are using you havent selected "write at 1X", put it to MAX instead.

Yeah; No offence, but it could be lol :d

Go out and buy a good 1, they only cost about £50 for a really really gud 1, I bought one for that maount and it's worth it, Everything wors perfectly!!

Dell also uses rejected drives. when I was in material sorting I saw "rejected" on the boxes where they came from!!!

Lite on IT are good yup......nec bad to me...

TDK excellent so far!

Back
Top Bottom