Made my final list of parts. What do you guys think?

hmmm ok your not into games, so your intel setup should be ok for your needs...and becides since im a gamer i favor AMD more , but since you do video editing etc. you should go with intel. RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Drives, i think) is basically 2 hard drive linked together, to "combine" the 2 of them together (so if you set up 2 80gb in raid, the comps read them as 160gb instead). There are 3 types of Raid, RAID 0 (for speed), RAID 1 (for security) and RAID 0+1 (2 worlds combined).
about your hard drive links, ill get them later, im kinda busy right now.

alvino said:
nice case. cpu si so-so i would rather go with athlon 64 instead, but your comp... psu is awesome. ram is good. hard drive would be more effective if you got 2 and set up raid(but your choice). burner is ok. windows is ok. if your gonna use media center you should use a graphics card like ATI all in wonder 9600xt or 9800 pro. but a 6600 GT is a good choice. too bad youre not using a athlon 64 3500+ or FX series, cuz you can get the nForce4 chipset mobos that support SLI then you can get 2 6600GT's and set them up in SLI config. that would be awesome.

How do the graphics compare between the ATI AIW 9600xt and the 6600GT? And what is the differance between the AIW 9600xt and 9800 pro?

Dustin

holy shit, a rip off the Coolermaster Wavemaster at just over $100 bucks! WOOOW, amazing.....

SuperDust22 said:
How do the graphics compare between the ATI AIW 9600xt and the 6600GT? And what is the differance between the AIW 9600xt and 9800 pro?

Dustin

well there is no comparison. the 6600 is flat out better than the AIW 9600 xt in games. but since your using windows xp media edition, you probably would want it, since the AIW has TV and a whole bunch of plug-ins. and the difference between the 9600xt and the 9800 pro is that the 9800 pro AIW is faster at graphics processing than the 9600 xt AIW, but more expensive.

or you can get a 9800 AIW which is a lot more expensive. (only if you want to spend that much money) otherwise, the 6600gt will suit you well.

so the 6600 beats the 9800 pro? so it would be better for me to buy the 6600 and then buy a tv turner seperate.

SuperDust22 said:
so the 6600 beats the 9800 pro? so it would be better for me to buy the 6600 and then buy a tv turner seperate.

Anyone? And what card the is a little bit better than the 6600GT? Without costing alot more.

Dustin

Back
Top Bottom