CAN"T DECIDE - INTEL OR AMD!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I dont how legal this is but what the hey. ;)

From Maximum PC Mag:

" Dare to Compare Athlon 64 Motherboards"

----------------Asus SK8N socket 940-----------Asus A8V socket 939
----------------Nforce 3------------------------K8T800 Pro
----------------Athlon FX 53 940----------------Athlon FX 53 939

Quake III---------484---------------------------505
3D mark 2001-----20188-------------------------21226
Aquamark CPU----10355-------------------------10645
3dmark 03 CPU----836---------------------------847

More benchmarks but you get the picture

They arent using the same chipset but the 939 board beats the 940 board in every test.

Re: CAN

gibant1 said:
Both processors are Very good. When I first had the same choice, I went for a 3Ghz Amd 64. It was a nice, quick machine.

Two months later I had the chance to sell my Amd for the price I paid for it. I then went for the P4.

These are the main differnences.

My Raid array (hard disk transfer) increased in speed by 50%.

When multitasking, program run flawlessly. (on the AMD you get pauses and slow downs).

And if it's games your after, I can run farycry with everything on max inc 4xa at 1280x1240 and get an average of about 50 fps.

Good you might think, but this is while e-donkey is downloading and norton is doing a full virus scan in the background!

Norton alone used to kill my AMD, I used to leave the computer until it had finished.

I'm not against Amd's, I've used them for years but I wouldn't go back

Where the hell did you get your comp. 4200 Megahertz processor, holy sh**

You buy a 3.2Ghz CPU strap a £550 fridge to it and if you really go for it. I can get mine to 4350Mhz!

Intel is the only processor w/ MMX (MultiMedia Extension) right? Im not sure what that is or what it does anyone know? and in case you like software hacks Intel says it stops you from pirating software although a processor cannot do that and plus its not true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom