Hey, dell really DOSE suck!

yeah it is. my dad always bought second-hand comps... hp, generic, you name it....:) but i like to build my very own custom comp built to my own needs :)

alvino said:
yeah it is. my dad always bought second-hand comps... hp, generic, you name it....:) but i like to build my very own custom comp built to my own needs :)

oops. sorry about the second post of the same thing..lol i accidentally clicked on the "quote" button instead of the "edit".

yeh that's cool I don't really know enough to do that yet.
by the way, what's with the double post dude?

yep. I worked there and my adam has too and we defiantly know what they do to thier systems and when he was building optiplexes 3 of them started to smoke.

those were high end business systems too!!

see how they treat the people who give them MORE money. they seem to make home systems better than pro systems which is messed up since businesses are the ones who demand reliablity, but those businesses were dumb to go with dell in the first place

nother note:

one time they had released 10,000 systems with hard drives that could catch on fire. I think dell messed them up they were trying to blame it on the drive manufacturer!!!

also people when they were there kept breakign teh RAM they kept dropping the hard drives and I could have swore I heard several builders break motherboards on purpose.

they also use flimsy motherboards (aviod foxxconn at all costs!!) that wil break if you would insert ram stick normally. you have to be much lighter.

also they use rejected optical drives boxes obviosly marked "reject' from NEC and LiteOn.

The motherboards are not in very good anti-static bags and are often laying around uncovered in very static prone areas.

lots of teh plant isnt properly grounded/and dont comply with NEC code.

They have inadequate power protection for test systems and the UPSs are often laid ontop of the work cage and could fall if you looked at them wrong.

Theres tons of saftey hazards there.

I can go on... btu i dont wanna get mad...

Back
Top Bottom