Windows 2003 Server Child Domains

Emanon247

Solid State Member
I have a Windows Server 2003 Machine running active directory as a Primary Domain controller. I'm trying to create children domains within the same forest, also using Win2k3 Server. I was able to install active directory on one machine successfully, the other machines will not get past the authentication stage during active directory installation.

All the machines are using "Administrator" as a user name, and "Password01" as a password.. I have a feeling this is contributing to the problem.. Let me know if you have any ideas.. I'm lookin around everywhere.. thanks..

Can you use active directory to share software across the network so that you do not have to install the programs on each computer?

Put the primary dns on ypur child dc to point your parent dc...After that install DNS first (Just install it) Then run dcpromo with the option of child dc...after it's installed load your dns and keep on refreshing....your parent dc should automatically forward its information to your child dc...

P.S. When you run dcpromo you have to select
"Allow Secure and Nonsure connection" on BOTH machines or it will have trouble communicating with other dc's....

Back
Top Bottom