need help ......... [new user here]

zyberpal

Solid State Member
k i dont have time to search the forum for any topics related to my problem.. but i seriously need help. whenever i connect to the net, my pc's like in a semi-frozen stage for a few minutes after which everythin's normal. k let me explain the semi-frozen stage.. i cant open any programs, cant open the task manager, cant open internet explorer, but 'my computer', 'control panel' works fine... n ya if i try to open any other programs, they open after that few minutes gap. i can access sites by openin control panel and typing the address in the address bar. n messenger works fine. n another problem's that my mouse pointer sometimes move up or to the left sometimes... it just happens once a while... really wud be thankful to someone who'd help me out here........................

1st thing i would check is the startup menu to see what is loading up, click start/run/ type "msconfig" without the quotes/ then click startup tab.

check in the list for anything that relates to connecting
to the internet...example (windows media player ect...)

if you find something in there that's trying to connect that you don't want to, just un-tic the box
next to that item, & reboot.

after your logo diappears keep hitting the f8 key to
bring up the safe mode option menu, scroll up to safe mode without networking.

once it loads up your get a message , click ok...this is normal....now if you have any spyware programs
run them....Adaware ect... after that

go to contol panel/network & connections/internet options/ delete cookies, delete offline cookies.
then click settings...make shure your internet cauche in set to 80mb. in the box.

by default windows has this set to 650mbs...you only need 60 to 80 mbs. for web browsing & downloading.

after that go to start/all programs/accessories/system tools/disc defragmenter...click that...empy the pre-fetch folder in the windows folder.

this will do a defrag of the hhd, and make your comp. prog.'s run a little faster.

after that's done...reboot and let windows load up
see if that makes a difference.

thanx mixx... k i ran the adware prog n spybot too... got lots of stuff removed. the net's fine now.. but i still have the other prob. the mouse pointer just moves to the left or above on its own.. only at times. not a big prob but wud like to get it resolved.....

I too have this issue. It started happening when I used a mousemat with my optical wired mouse.

~mr mixx~ said:
1st thing i would check is the startup menu to see what is loading up, click start/run/ type "msconfig" without the quotes/ then click startup tab.

check in the list for anything that relates to connecting
to the internet...example (windows media player ect...)

if you find something in there that's trying to connect that you don't want to, just un-tic the box
next to that item, & reboot.

after your logo diappears keep hitting the f8 key to
bring up the safe mode option menu, scroll up to safe mode without networking.

once it loads up your get a message , click ok...this is normal....now if you have any spyware programs
run them....Adaware ect... after that

go to contol panel/network & connections/internet options/ delete cookies, delete offline cookies.
then click settings...make shure your internet cauche in set to 80mb. in the box.

by default windows has this set to 650mbs...you only need 60 to 80 mbs. for web browsing & downloading.

after that go to start/all programs/accessories/system tools/disc defragmenter...click that...empy the pre-fetch folder in the windows folder.

this will do a defrag of the hhd, and make your comp. prog.'s run a little faster.

after that's done...reboot and let windows load up
see if that makes a difference.

Wow, that's good advice, You should make a thread saying all of that, and stick it!!

hmm... but mine's not optical. it worked well on another machine.. it occurs rarely n tht too when i haven't moved the mouse for a while.....

it happened again just now.. was going thru the forum n was draggin the scroll bar down thn stopped as i was readin a paragraph but dint let go of the left mouse button.. and it just moved up. the thing is that it moves straight up or straight left... not in any other direction. n ya i cleaned it already.....

Back
Top Bottom