? Building my own PC

Dobby

Beta member
I'm thinking of building my own PC in the new year and I think a good book would be the best start.
I'm looking at 3 at the moment:
1) Building a PC for Dummies
2) Build your own Computer by Kyle MacRae
3) Build your own PC by Morris Rosenthall
Although I've never built a PC before I've done many upgrades of one thing or another so the inside of my PC is not totally alien to me.

I'll then be looking for recommendations for a Motherboard to put an Intel processor on (no games played here). I will want to be doing Digital image and video editing.

I think that'll do for now.

Dobby

I wouldn't get books, they get outdated way too fast. New technology will make them useless really fast. Just ask all your questions here, we can help you!

Dobby said:
I'm thinking of building my own PC in the new year and I think a good book would be the best start.
I'm looking at 3 at the moment:
1) Building a PC for Dummies
2) Build your own Computer by Kyle MacRae
3) Build your own PC by Morris Rosenthall
Although I've never built a PC before I've done many upgrades of one thing or another so the inside of my PC is not totally alien to me.

I'll then be looking for recommendations for a Motherboard to put an Intel processor on (no games played here). I will want to be doing Digital image and video editing.

I think that'll do for now.

Dobby

sorry about reviving a dead thread, bad edicate i know, but feel people could get use out of it, i read the third choice and i say that one is a good choice. Yes, those books get old fast, but if you learn the basics of computers now, you will be better educated for the next year or so roundup of computers. I mean sure motherboards have different sockets, different types of slots for graphics, but hey, if you don't like that, it is a good read...God i'm a geek

Back
Top Bottom