Helpwith old Precision210

lmod

Beta member
A customer of mine purchased a dell precision 210 pc used. The seller erased the harddrive a stated to her all she needed to do was to install the os. This is not true, she brought the pc to me and said that she gets this error ' No Boot Device Available'. So I looked in to it and the only way to get the system to see the hard disk was to put another hd in the pc with a os already installed as primary and the original hd as primary slave. The system reconized the new hd as the primary but said that the primary slave hd was not present. Despite this I was able to install winxp on the original drive and it worked fine. So I take the other drive out and place the original drive back in primary position and start the computer and low & behold Error 'No boot device available' Now when I had the other hd in the primary position and the original drive in the primary slave position as widows was installing I had the option to boot either os. But without the other drive installed I get nothing. Can someone please tell me what is going wrong with this pc and why it wont see this drive!!

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom