introduction and question

yeh.
i figured it would be there but I wasn't sure some programs have their own option to start on boot, I though Media Player did? maybe not.

yah, most prog.'s you install will give you the option, others just make one wether you wanted it or not.

the one's that do, you can usually get rid of by msconfig but for the more sneaky one's you have to delete them from the run and runonce folder in the registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SOFTWARE --> MICROSOFT --> WINDOWS --> RUN

ok new question... yes ill forever be asking questions here i assure u!

anway, theres a page that just WILL NOT FECK OFF as the home page. ive used Tools>Options and set it to google (where it should be) that way but i open IE again and its straight back, even in a second browser with the first browser still open and the right home page set.
Ive run Ad-Aware SE with the latest update about 6 times now, everytime finding and removing everything and looking at the negligible objects part (nothing in there) and then the BA$TARD PAGE OF DOOM appears as teh home page.
the URL for it comes up as "about: blank" (minus the "" doovie-whackers) and i have broad band, which means that i cant access stuff offline... yet off line this damned page will still load, which leaves me to believe that it is locally stored somewhere... but i have no idea past that point as to where it might be kept.
I have tightened all the security of IE up and still the thing gets thru and makes itself as the web page. I tried emptying the cookies, deleting all temp internet files using the browsers cleaning options and still it persists!

its REALLY PI$$ING ME OFF cuz if u load it up online then the browser gets bombed with popups (GRRRRR) and i am desperate to find anything that can clear up this problem as i am at the end of my minimal knowledge on this!...

we have had so many problems with this computer that im seriously considering taking a sledgehammer to the stupid thing... i would feel sooooo unbelieveably better from destroying it... and then we'll have to get a new one... a much better one... one that doesnt feck up!

well, you can try the about blank page to try and fix it, seems alot of people are having that problem.....

well it worked... im a little dissappointed really... i was starting to look forward to getting the sledgie out for a good time... oh well have to wait till another problem occurs (shouldnt be too long!)

anyway mixx, ur a champ... id jump up n kiss u but a) i dunno where u live (not worried either) b) we're both guys not cool cuz c) my GF would probably give me a hard time about that anyway!!!
but mate, i owe ya one... no make that a couple... anything that u need a hand with (in that unlikely event) then let me know and ill do what i can... my specialty is weapons of all sorts so u need to know nething there then just holler!

cheers to all for being so helpful!

Back
Top Bottom