Overclocking

C4H15

Beta member
Heres a quick question... Is it possible too overclock your processor itself? Ive got my graphics card overclocked and it is working good... was just wondering if it is the only thing you can overclock.. or can you do the actual processor as well

how would i go about overclocking the processor... and im on old faithful right now with a 700 mhz AMD Athlon

i think you have to go into the bios or something, but i don't know what to do after that, sorry. someone else will have to help you with that

it all depends on what BIOS you have ;) also he he. I have another system on an AMD duron 800 MHz and its still ok for adam to use for office stuff as well as a few games. he he. when you do overclock beware of teh heat factor and we are totally not liable for any damamges!

go into the bios and look around for the FSB (front side bus) and multiplier. I would leave the multiplier as it is. Then raise ur FSB until your computer doesnt start up. That way you have found the highest FSB. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO HAVE SUFFICIENT COOLING.

profuse need for cooling!!! too bad mine wont go to 400Mhz clock speed even, :( its the mobo need a new one.

Back
Top Bottom