athlon speed to pentium speed?

quartz01

In Runtime
before i say anything, just want to say I AM NOT MAKING A AMD VS INTEL BOARD!!

now :D i have heard that athlons 1.0ghz will run faster then say a p3 1.0ghz, but its basically even because the highest p4 cpu is a 3.2 and the highest athlon cpu is a 2.4 and they are near the same as each other. (i know those numbers are not entirely accurate, but thats no apart of my question and just a guess).

is it true that athlons run faster then the pentium with the same clock speed???

if so what would the athlon 1.1ghz pentium equivalent be??? and what about for the 1700+??

i have also have heard that athlons are better for gaming then pentiums. What would the 1.1ghz athlon pentium gaming equivalent be?? and the 1700+??

sorry if this is a totally n00b question, but me and my friend have been wondering for a while and just want to clarify

Intel has made proactive steps to abandoned clock speeds by renaming p4 to #'s instead of clock speeds. They also have abandoned the idea of having a 4 ghz P4.

Knowing that they are getting owned by AMD is still a GHZ behing Intel but still gets better performance than the best Intel.

Right now Intel is falling apart. Expect the CEO to resign in the coming months.

a 1.7 gig pentium would be about the same as a athlon xp 1700.

winterfreshpwnz said:
AMD's make up for the loss in clock speed with their high IPC (intructions per clock).

Intel does 6 IPC, AMD does 9. Thats it why a 3000+ is equivalent to a 3.0 Ghz p4.(2.16x9=19.44)(3x6=18)

Back
Top Bottom