Wireless conection wont work again.

Jmonty580

Baseband Member
I was on here when I first got my linksys wriless system. I hooked it up witht hte help of someone on here (I think computerfreak) and everything was merry.

I got a virus that screwed up my computer so that I couldnt play call of duty multiplayer and some other things were acting funny so I decided to scrap everything and start fresh. I reinstalled Windows xp home edition and the computer was empty. I setup the network using linksys's cd on the desktop computer and it configured and everything. My Question is how do I get my laptop (wireless0 to connect to the internet thru the linksys router? I tired setting up a network, I've even tried getting on by connecting the wire from the cable modem directly to the laptop and not even that works. Is there something im missin here? Before a signal icon appeared on my laptop and I was able to connect, now there is no signal icon and I am clueless and wishing that i never reinstalled windows home edition because now I completely screwed something up.

please be sure that you are gettign the right SSID and also make sure that you setup your IP to use the right default gateway.

windows has its funky defualt autosettings and you have to change them.

do you ahve windows xp SP2. that could be a cause of another problem.

Im like a specail ed student when it comes to ocmputers. I needed to reinstall the drivers and then everything was fine. Thanks for the help though.

Back
Top Bottom