Programming: Return of the Denhtúl!

Joel~

Daemon Poster
Okay, I am going to try creating a series of related programs that will eventually lead to an operating system. This time I am going to make a serious commitment and I am going to stick with it until hell itself freezes over. The following will be included:

Word Processing Program
Database Program
Media Player-style Program
A small but entertaining game
And finally, the OS itself

I will need a lot of help and I am looking to you lot (all of you!) to help. Anyone interested post here or send me an email (jheaton@fsmail.net) or even a PM. I am only looking for people seriously interested, no messing around.

I dont want to join in on the fun. But two years ago my friends and I attempted an OS. Some advice would be, choose/write the kernal first instead of the apps. It will be much easier.

Hah, I'd love to help, but I'm just learning java, so I don't think I'd be any help.

Oh I suppose one can make a couple useful applications for an OS... I'm still rather learning it. One thing I might be able to help you with though is designing a GUI. As in making an artistic background, making sweet designs for everything, ect. But that's a much later phase, i suppose.

I'm ready and willing to give a little free time.

lets get one thing out of the way first though.
do you intend to write an OS, opperating system, kernal disk access devices, or do you intend to write a shell for an existing OS? in the last thread there was a little confusion as to what was actually happening. you said the OS was a basic priary interface, this implied that a vast amount of the work was done (making the kernel).

Yeah, the whole thing with all the extras that go with it. Thanks, I'd like the help with a GUI and I would also like some suggestions for a name please.

Back
Top Bottom