PLease help Hard Drive Lagging !!!!

serge1984

Solid State Member
I've been experiencing this problem in the past but formatting hard drive and reinstalling windows xp home edition would solve the problem for a little while. What happens is when i click on "My computer" it would open the screen but will not show any drives the cursor would show that its trying to search for the drives and it would do it for about 5 minutes and then it would open normally. This issue also happens when i try to access any files on the drives from microsoft word or windows media player. BUt the computer is working fine with no problems. Can anyone help me with solving this issue thanks.

I had pro from the start i just thought it was soemthing wrong with my windows version so i got the home edition from a friend and the sameproblem i already formatted couple of times and it would work for about 3 weeks and the same problem again could it be something with the motherboard because i tried installing windows on different hd because i have 2 and the same problem

i'm not sure exactly because my cousin put my computer together but the motherboard could be causing this type of problem?

try 2000 or 98???? or just 98se? maybe your HD goes all crazy with NTFS? never heard of it, but it could.. maybe fat32 is more the thing?? don't rely on my addvice though

Back
Top Bottom