Building a Computer. Need some help.

which mobo would be better for me, the LGA775 or the stocket 478? And does intel make good mobos? I also want to tell you guys thanks for helpping me out. I know I can be a pain in the ass.Two weeks ago I knew nothing about computers you guys have taught me alot. I need to make up my mind though. I will be ordering parts here soon.

Dustin

BTW-- I still don''t know what to do about the video card and sound card.

i would go with the LGA 775 socket. It gives higher performance than the 478. If you are going to play graphic intensive games, like doom3, go with a 6800 GT

Who makes the 6800 GT or is that the type of card. I don't play many games now but I think I am going to start. And someone said the raptor goes to 120 gig. I can't find it. The biggest I have seen is 74 gig. Is there any other HD that car 10,000 rpms or higher. I want a really fast HD. Also I want all the RCA hooks up and what not. Who makes a pretty complete card or setup?

Dustin

the 6800 gt is available in many brands. BFG, MSI, and Gigabyte are my recommendations.

10000rpm hard drives will be loud you know.

You will want to get a 80 or 120mm fan blowing on that thing all the time. And another one to exhaust the air out.

The more expensive ones are better. They are quiter and more efficient. Such as I have some from Thermaltake that can spin at low rpms and be silent. Or I can crank it up so its like 6000rpm but 70db and it will keep things like 10 degrees cooler.

the 80mm panasonic panaflos are quiet and they push quite a bit of air for their noise level.

Back
Top Bottom