Linux

IAntDemo

xxcobraxx
what does it do i have nether got round to it i am downloing it now then putting it on a disk will this work do you think what is it any way........

so what if i downloaded it, do i just stick it on any disk big enought for it then 4mat it just like any other kind of windows, say i put music on a cd is it just like doing it that way.

That is a CD Bootable linux. It doesn't install anything on your HD. Just make sure before you put it in your drive that you change the boot order so that your CD drive is first.

Also when you burn it, make sure and burn it as an image. The way you can tell is that if you put it in the drive and open it through explorer, you will see a bunch of files and folders.

If you burnt it wrong you will see KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso on the disk.

Yeah, Knoppix is pretty much the most popular bootable distro of Linux. However, if you want to partition and install a whole linux OS on your box, you might want to check out Slackware, Fedora 2, and different distros from Red Hat.

step by step: I need to now how to put it on disk from this point:
i downloaded it then it come up with OPEN WITH, I NEED TO NOW HOW how to put this file on disk then 4mat it what would i do next, thanx for the advanced help.

I can't help you with the burning part, when you come across the partitioning part, you have several options. I suppose you do know what partitioning means, by the way. You can grap a full copy of partition magic 8.0 (download it), or, depending on which distro of linux you got, you can use the tools that they gave you. Now when you partition, you have to first downsize your primary windows partition. Usually there is an easy-to-use GUI to do this, so figure it out. Once you have so totally-free space on your hard drive, make a new partition on it. You will probably get several options as to what kind of partition, just go with the defaults. Name it whatever you want, probably linux..... and install the new distro right in there. Post any questions right here.

cheers m8 i get it thnx alot goin to do it ill tell you if it works when i get a cd burner lol aint got one yet ill get one cheers again

Back
Top Bottom