AMD or Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dell actually makes some very decent machines. They have a range from low-end consumer systems to more business-targeted systems that are actually made well.

inimino said:
Dell actually makes some very decent machines. They have a range from low-end consumer systems to more business-targeted systems that are actually made well.

They are poorly made, use low quality components, perform poorly and aren't that reliable. Overheating seems to be an issue with many. I am only going from other peoples reports who have them and the few I get called out to.

I just did a search on Yahoo for "Dell computer problem", it returned 2 Million and 50 thousand results. Not Good.

Think about how many systems Dell sells each year and you'll realize that that number from Google isn't exactly a useful metric. All that tells you is that a hell of a lot of people own them, which means jack.

Certainly Dell does make some less-expensive machines. I think most people realize you get what you pay for. However their size enables them to have a pricing structure that's actually pretty reasonble for what you get.

Of course you don't hear anything about the people who have a Dell for years and never have a problem with it.

One of the things Dell does to a very good job of is customer service, and that counts for a lot. I would still encourage people to go to your locale no-name computer guy, but as branded computers go, Dell is among the best.

no. good site tho. im there alot. he he

just making a php based site and php is wayyy too complex!! arrrggg!! and having oen order page in php is nuts. a client wants it and its gonna be hard to explain to him tomorrow that php is mostly used for dynamic pages like this forum rather than a static order page for one product.

yiiikes php is complicated. never took a deep look at it. and making a whole cms application is gonna be tough for me. (im trying to make a cms based site without the cms and its making me very tiiired)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom