TV monitor ok as computer monitor?

mainguyen131

Beta member
I have a 20" Sharp Acquos LCD tv and was thinking about using as my computer monitor. Would you guys recommend this? Does it damage the tv in the long run?

as long as it has the proper connections it should work fine with no damage.

no but if you hook it the other way round like you can see your pc threw your tele that will look stupid, and putting a 20inc might be a poo screen but it will work try it.

Apparently it has a PC input(if I found the correct TV) Just find a cable to connect to it. It might have DVI(as many LCDs do) so you might have to get a converter if your computer is only VGA...

Yes you can get an adapter to change it. Check the resolution of your TV. Many are 800x600 panels. Keep the graphic card resolution the same as the panels native res.

Even if you you set the resolution to the tv, it will not look near as good. Computer monitor pixels are alot smaller than tv pixels. (If they are even called pixels)
So no matter what, unless you have a plasma screen, it will not look as good as a computer monitor.

The only reason I hook up my computer to my tv is to watch divx movies. Compressed Divx movies look alot clearer on a television than a computer monitor.

I hooked my computer up to my friends TV and it looked alot better but my monitor is kinda loossing some colar but not bad. Anyways the color on the TV was alot brighter and deeper colors looked pretty sweet. good luck with your tv monitor

A.M.D w00t w00t hehe

Back
Top Bottom