AMD or Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again...I am just wondering, should I purchase the AMD 64 3000+, or the Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz? I will do a lot of multi tasking, video editing, and just a little bit of gaming. Which would be better? They both have 512 Ram and 60GB harddrive. Please help me out! Oh, and it is an emachines, do they have reliable Laptops?

supercow228 said:
Hello again...I am just wondering, should I purchase the AMD 64 3000+, or the Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz? I will do a lot of multi tasking, video editing, and just a little bit of gaming. Which would be better? They both have 512 Ram and 60GB harddrive. Please help me out! Oh, and it is an emachines, do they have reliable Laptops?

If the Intel is a Hyper threading one, Go for the INTEL without ANY DOUBT. If it's not a HT one then get the AMD64. The Hyperthreading makes a huge difference to a machine when you multi-task. As for E-machines, all the dealings I've had with them and heard from others is all bad I'm afraid.

From what I've seen theyr'e the usual low price low quality offerings, surely can't be worse than Dell or E-machines but theyre in the same ballpark.

Buying a manufactured PC rarely gets you something descent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom