Windows XP keeps Rebooting

soundguy_99

Beta member
Hey guys,
Don`t know if this exactly a Windows issue as much as it might be a hardware issue but here it goes anyways.
I friends computer is down, becase Windows XP Home keep rebooting. All the options in the menu that pops up, including safe mode, normal mode, last working configuraton, everything in that menu has no effect, and the computer keeps rebooting, It gets as far as the black windows logo, and thats it. In the bootup screen when the computer boots up it does show the hardrive and all the proper Head and Ciylder values, as well as I did check the Bios and it shows that its being loaded up in the bootup sequence, so it doesn`t appear to have affected the bios settings in anyway. Using even the XP recovory console, I can get into the dos prompt but can`t get access to any of the commands, so I can`t even get access or verify any of the data thats on the Hard Drive. I am currently in the process of trying to create a Bootable CD, with various utilitity software, to see if I can recover any thing from the hardrive. Basicly the computer trys to boot off the hard Drive then you get the windows safe menu as such, asking you which option do you want to do, then after selecting any of the options that are avalible, it trys to load xp, and you see the back screen with the Windows logo, and then it kicks off and reboots again.
Any help is greatly apreciated.
Thanks,
soundguy_99

this sounds like the SASSER VIRUS to me.....do a google search on the sasser fix. and run it on your comp. in safe mode & normal mode.

but before you run it, tun off the system restore.(note doing this will erase the last restore point) but it's ok if you are trying to remove a virus.

to turn it off: right click my comp./ properties.

well what about who made it? if you built it yourself, it could be the harddrive doesnt like xp...thats what happened to me. but, yes it COULD be sasser...

i thought that was rather odd aswell! ur comp might reject it but an operating system wouldnt, all an OS does is saved itself on there, a hard drive is a hard drive

regards
matt

Back
Top Bottom