Movie Server

yeah, i back DVD's that i rented frob blockbuster and back it up on my comp. They each take up 4.35 gigs!!!! a lot. Like they said, u r gonna need lots of sapce. I use powerDVD to watch them on my comp. but i cant hook it up to my t.v. cause there is no output thingy for the cable. Yeah i gotta upgrade my graphics card. good luck w/ the whole thing.

Thanks for the explination of Raid that helps a lot. For getting DVDs on to it I am going to use DVD shrink and that can turn a DVD into about 3-4GB. I have a lot of CDs so I am going to have to have some big Hard drives in this thing.

Thanks for all the help. If you have any other helpful info please tell me.

I only mentioned 160Gb drives as at the moment theyre the best price/size ratio, Any size will do as long as they are the same size.. You could get a Raid 5 card that's 8 sata ports if you wanted and go for it BIG style. :D

Yeah that would be a lot of storage but it would also be safe because I would not loose everything if One drive failed.

Yeh.....considering a new case and power supply will be a good investment too. You will need great airflow with all that heat and need lots of STABLE power!

camers said:
Yeh.....considering a new case and power supply will be a good investment too. You will need great airflow with all that heat and need lots of STABLE power!
Yer after reading the latest issue of Custom PC it tells you how important a decent power supply can be, It is a good investment paying around £50 for a MId market one, i have seen many priced at around £150

I myself would ivest in those sweet fanless ones, but im scared of just using heatsinks..:p

Back
Top Bottom