Computer Problems

craziness1621

Baseband Member
Hey everyone...Well this has just been recently happening to my desktop pc. I built it like a month ago brand new parts and now its doing Physical Memory dumps and shutting down...I don't know what the problem could be. It used to happen like every hour, but now its every few hours which is better but still sux if ur doing something. I'm tryin to do updates to see if that is the problem. I almost get the same error(s) everytime. its either this PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA or its DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL . I took all the cards out that wasn't necessary, and i disabled the onboard nic. and it started to run better. Then in about an 2-3 hours it shut down again so i was like hmm ok...so i unplugged my extra hard drive, my 2 cd roms and floppy and let it run. It ran for a little longer, but i don't know if that is because im not doing as much on it or not. I have also reinstalled windows...When the problem first started i was running Windows XP Pro, and i reformated and put Windows 2000 Pro...That seemed to help as well, but I don't know what the problem could be..Anyone have any ideas, or anyone know any diagnostic tools i could get to figure the problem out?

To me sounds like a memory error or a harddrive. Something to do with storing information anyway, but I am not the most experienced with these issues.

I am testing out a new hard drive now i need to reformat it and all then im going to see...I am hoping it is just a hard drive problem because i don't have ne RAM and i have no money to buy any right now..haha

Thanks for all your help but im still getting errors and i've tried everything. I did a memory test using MEMTEST86 but no luck it said they were fine...I i changed hard drives, unhooked my cd roms, floppies, and my extra hard drive...It would last longer then an hour but now its back to just restarting constantly...so i've decided to reinstall windows 98 to see if that may solve some probs.

then its a lovely ram problem or a power surge every so often froma crap power supply..

Could it be drivers clashing wit one another? But if this is the case y would it just start now? Is that possible

Back
Top Bottom