Looking to Build a Gaming CPU... need some help pls.

gmf2010

Beta member
I am looking to build an AMD based online-gaming computer (die-hard Lineage2 player). I am working with a price range of $1,600 - $1,800. I have pretty much decided that I want the following:

Radeon X800
1 gig of ram (corsair xms pro?)
120 GB HD (maybe a raptor too)
MSI MoBo

I have been using Intel based PC's for years, but have recently been convinced that AMD is a better chip, so I am not very familiar with the standards. I would appreciate any input or advice you could offer me on selecting a processor and other components. Feel free to alter my list of considered parts. Thanks.

my computer is will be worth bout 1000 pound. I
n US money it bout $2000 just over $2000.
you need to no socket you MSI Mobo has so you can get the athlon, 1 gig is good that looks ok to me.

Make sure you get a athlon 64 3400 (or above model, with the latest sockets, and is nforce 4 out?)

is the X800 the X800 Pro or XT? Cuz if its the pro, you might as well get the 6800 GT instead. same price as the X800 pro, with 4 more pipelines (X800 has 12 pipelines, and the 6800 GT has 16 pipelines).

nforce 4 isnt out but you wont want that.

The X800pro is a nice card. Everything isnt about piplines. The x800pro compensates for the missinge pipes by blowing it away with processing power.

I would go with the AMD 90nm 3500+.

can anyone link me up with a site that will explain exactly what nForce 4 is all about? So many people are talking about it.. And i'm not sure what it is.

if ur going ATI vid card, get the x800 pro VIVO edition.

Easily moddable to a XT.

And as most people know, the image quality on ATI's have always been better than Nvidia's. Although it's fairly close now.

But ati still has a slight lead in IQ.

Back
Top Bottom