Unable to use internal modem since broadband installed.

tprtriumph

Beta member
Hi All,

I have been useing one internet provider on a dial up basis for a long time and when I connect to the provider on my speakers (if I have them switched on) I hear a nice crisp signal going down the telephone line. I decided to change to broadband and went for AOL. All installation went well and I have had no problems with it. However now when I try to dial up my old provider to check any email I do not get any noise at all from my computer speakers but if I listen on an extension the noise is a very indistincet muffled signal. The connection does not get made and the message unable to make line connection. I have had the internal modem checked which appears to be fine. Does anyone have any ideas why the internal modem will not work. Many thanks to you all. Tony

u must ensure that that the modem is correctly configured. i assume u r with 2 service providers now? is ur broadband cable or dial-up? ensure both ur internal and external modem r selected? please reply.

regards
matt

unable to use modem

Thanks for reply, yes I am using two isp's. My broadband is dial-up. I have even tried disconnecting my external modem and still have same problem with internal modem what I have not done is uninstalled broadband and tried internal modem. Thanks. Tony

Back
Top Bottom