question about computer usage

XPMan

Beta member
hi all i'm new here and i have windows xp as you can tell by my user name. there are four in my family, wife, me, two kids. we all have user accounts. how can i tell what my children have been viewing? is there a way to see what is permantly stored on my computer and is there a way to get rid of it if need be? i do not know a lot about computers but would like to keep an eye on whats being looked at.

What they view on the internet? There are a few programs available for this which you should be able to get hold of easily.
You can see what they have stored on the computer by going to the C drive and looking in the profiles (C:\Documents and Settings)
Hope this helps.

Yeah, in fact, if you go to http://join.msn.com then you can sign up to MSN Premium for 2 months free (its generally £7 per month on top of ISP), MSN Plus is less but I don't think there's an offer on. If you download that or wait for the CD to come through - a dial up would take days to downlaod it so if you have Dial up wait for the CD which will come through then it gives you not only Parental Controls to select what who can see according to their e-mail address (you have to sign on with a Hotmail or MSN Account or you can set up one on the system) but MSN can send you all of the sites that the users have viewed in an e-mail every day. The Parental Controls are very good. That I think would be the safest way.

You could create a batch file that tracks who log on at what time and date. Then if your computer screws up at that time then u kno who did it.

Another Dead thread arises....notice if you click his profile he only made 1 post since he been here....goes back to March.....Lol

Back
Top Bottom