PCI-Express

Windwaker222

In Runtime
What is the difference between a high-end agp and the new pci-express cards. Im trying to decide between a pci express with an amd motherboard that i am awaiting to come out or an agp.

I dont really want to buy another motherboard after this and im wondering, now that the new pci-e technology is out, will all the new video cards be pci express

pci express mobos will not be coming out until end of november and early december. Games right now do not use all of the 16x bandwith the pci express gives. i do not know when manufacturers are going to stop making agp's.

well the good thing about pci express is that the memory bandwidth is bigger and all the nVIDIA pci express are SLI ready (Scalable Link Interface).....:)

well the old pci's are still around so AGP will probably be staying too. I dont have much money so im wondering if PCI-E will be the standards soon..

Anyone have any idea of the prices for a PCI-E AMD MOBO

I also heard that most AMD motherboards will be 939 socket or watever that is. Would an AMD 64 3000+ 754 socket work in the 939 one

nope a 754 would not work in a 939. the 754 has 754 pins and 939 pins. well, the price depends on which graphics card you want. I would believe that a mobo would be $150-$200.

actually, there is hardly a difference between pci xpress and agp. there would be if the gphx card companies used the full bandwith, but for now pcix is not noticably faster and more xpensive

well if your gonna build a comp now like in this year, AGP is good enough.... but if you want PCI-express, its best to wait until the technology advances :)

AGP is going to be around for quite a while. I would go with AGP unless you are going to build right now. (in that case you have to build a p4)

Back
Top Bottom