screwed up internet save me...

Kyle10102

Beta member
i have had a linksys router for about half a year and up till about 5 days ago it worked perfectly... its hooked by cable and i have ran through the trouble shooter... this is the main symptom i click Enable in the local area connection center and it enables it and says 100 mbps and its all connected but i cant access internet i have reseted all defaults and am going out of my mind!!!!!!
please.. help me figure this out!!!....

Have you got the correct IP from your ISP / DHCP enabled? Have you got the gateway set correctly?

Could you assist me in finding these settings and correcting them. My IP address doesnt even show up correctly any more its not even close to what it used to be. I can build computers but I suck with routing ...

Hmm. What do you mean the IP doesn't show up correctly? You said it is not like it used to be, that is fine because it can change and should be assigned to you from your ISP.
IS the router showing up as your gateway on your comp?

hi, what u need to do is go to start>run>and type 'cmd' then type /ipconfig ur ip address and gateway will be displayed, then in the properties section of ur internet connection, copy ur ip address and gateway route into the appropriate boxes. any problems, just ask.

reagrds
matt

Back
Top Bottom