Website displayed in search engine help

cha94

Solid State Member
I was wondering how you would go about getting a website to be displayed in a search engine like Google. You know from typing certain keywords? I know Google has an option that you can pay per year or per hit to list your site. Is there any other way to go about it without having to do that? I know at one time you would use code and that would work. Im no expert with code or anything like that. I consider myself to have basic webpage knowledge. If anyone has any ideas, Id love to hear them. Thanks.

Jason

Ok I did the google thing to list my site. But how does Google find my site? By certain key words on the main page or what? Say I have funny tshirts at low prices...and someone searches for funny tshirts, would something like that display my site? Sorry I only took basic webpage design in school over 7 years ago, the times have changed a ton since then.

No, if a funny tshirt website had a PR10 and yours had a PR1 then the PR10 will be on the first page and the PR1 on the 100000000000000000000th page

What is a PR10/PR1??? Like I said Im pretty basic in what I know or dont know. And how would I get to a PR10 status?

get the place popular by advertising else where get alot of traffic to the site realy

Sorry. Anyway, PR stands for PageRank.

If 0 sites linked you yours, your PR (pagerank) will be 0.

If 10 linked, it would be like 4 but this depends on what PR the sites that link to yours have (the higher theirs is, the better yours will be).

To get to the 10 you will need to be a pretty popoular and linked-to website.

A better explanation could be found at:
http://www.google.com/technology/

Look at the middle section (PageRank explained).

Good Luck with the suite!

BTW - If you want a link to your sit, I am quite happy to link to yours with no link back expected (but if you do that would be great.) PM me if intrested!

Back
Top Bottom