Respectful Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
alvino said:
the part about you saying that ppl who want to vote for kerry are "idiots", i got a problem with that.

yeah giancarlo, you are attacking people as well as their arguments. there is no need to attack the people, just their arguments. so calm down a bit

Whatever respect I had for you Giancarlo, I have lost it. Not because of your choices on Bush, I don't care about that. I hate the fact that you won't accept that other people have opinions, and there is no right or wrong opinions. It is not up to us to decide what is right and what is wrong. Every single thing in the world has a good side to it, and it has a bad side to it. Every single candidate in the election has an equally good side to him and an equally bad side to him. Yes I mean every single candidate. There is no 'Right Choice' and 'Wrong Choice' when it comes to politics. If you say that everyone who supports kerry is a moronic idiot, are you saying that the hundreds of millions of people who are active kerry supporters idiots? If you look closely, no one in this thread has made any serious statements about this. Well I hope no one does.

The way I see it:

Both Bush and Kerry both suck and they both rule. They're both wonderful candidates, and they're both terrible candidates. That's not what matters. We cannot judge the concequences of their events, because we won't be here in 3,000 years to see what the world has become, and if either of them has made such a choice that has destroyed us all. What matters is individual opinion. Individual issues. I BELIEVE that kerry is a better candidate. Does that mean he is? Absolutely not. I BElIEVE that bush is a bad president. Does that mean he is? No. It is an opinion. An opinion cannot be a fact. Therefore, please take an effort to not judge people as idiots because of their opinions. That's not what this thread is about, that's not why I started it.

wow. thats....very....touching.... seriously. youve made a good point, a VERY, VERY, VERY good point. i highly respect you rakedog, and i applaud to you andwhat you just said....:)

All i have to say is that, I recently while working saw a bumper sticker. I noticed it said Kerry Edwards 04. Then I noticed other homade ones that were computer printouts.

I dont remember anyone except one. It said "Bush Is A Killer" then under that was a picture of a dead US soldier who was wrapped in a canvas tarp.

I dont associate with those kind of folks. And no one should. I also would hope I never shared any common ground with him.

Go and watch the beheadings and tell me this war isnt justified. That is why you hate pres. bush, isnt it?

Well, Ill go and vote and there will be losers and winners. Hopefully Kerry wont play the lawyer card.

rakedog said:
Whatever respect I had for you Giancarlo, I have lost it. Not because of your choices on Bush, I don't care about that. I hate the fact that you won't accept that other people have opinions, and there is no right or wrong opinions. It is not up to us to decide what is right and what is wrong.

Ah reminds me of a good book. written by Charles Barkley of all people. It is entitled "I May Be Wrong but I Doubt It".

Gian feels the same wayas charles, so do I, so do many people. He is merely trying to change your minds, but doing it in a inconstructive way.

rakedog said:
Whatever respect I had for you Giancarlo, I have lost it. Not because of your choices on Bush, I don't care about that. I hate the fact that you won't accept that other people have opinions, and there is no right or wrong opinions. It is not up to us to decide what is right and what is wrong. Every single thing in the world has a good side to it, and it has a bad side to it. Every single candidate in the election has an equally good side to him and an equally bad side to him. Yes I mean every single candidate. There is no 'Right Choice' and 'Wrong Choice' when it comes to politics. If you say that everyone who supports kerry is a moronic idiot, are you saying that the hundreds of millions of people who are active kerry supporters idiots? If you look closely, no one in this thread has made any serious statements about this. Well I hope no one does.

I never said Bush was a jesus or a zeus of some sort. He isn't flawless. You are again misstating my views. And I'm not trying to convince anybody. I'm just trying to defend myself. I believe there are only a core of people who support Kerry because they hate Bush. The others who support him don't know really who they are supporting. I never said anything about there being no negatives about Bush (being against gay marriage is a negative, stem cell research needs to be more actively funded, and religious schools and institutions shouldn't get federal money).

No. It is an opinion. An opinion cannot be a fact. Therefore, please take an effort to not judge people as idiots because of their opinions. That's not what this thread is about, that's not why I started it.

I am merely refuting that opinion with some facts. An opinion can be unfounded and misintrepreting the reality. I think I have the right to point errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom