Building a Computer. Need some help.

I went to Fry's today and looked around. I still really like that case I posted first. I wouldn't mind spending the money on it. The only thing is does water cooling break or mess up alot? And if I go water cooling which is the best system to buy? How do you overclock something? Does overclocking mess up things too? What are the differances between the P4 CPUs. I see there are EE ones etc. Which ones are better?

Dustin

Well, First off:

AMD - better for games (at least their 64 bit line)
Intel - better for multi-tasking and video editing etc.

EE stands for Extreme Edition
I dont think water cooling will mess up or break unless you didnt follow instructions.

overclocking shouldnt mess things up if you have sufficient cooling.

EE are usually better but a lot more expensive.

Overclocking Is Risking It.
Ownage He Will Break His Proccesser If He Dont No What He Is Doin.
Raptors Go Up To 120g.
Ownage Think

1st of all, overclocking is not risking much with a proper setup. and by proper i mean a heatsink attached onto the cpu with some thermal gook.

No you will not break your processor if you don't know what your doing, just follow instructions that everyone else tells u. Monitor the temperature, and increase by increments of 20-30.

And i have never seen a raptor with 120 g. Perhaps i'm wrong. But there are plenty of other HD's out there that do 10 000 rpms and have over 100 g., so no worries to whoever wants a 120g raptor.

dam READ,
If he does'nt no what he is doing, cause he would brake it by overcloking it so if you over clock a CPU and it went wrong then its fooked its to risky but if you read then its ok,
:I SAID IF HE DOESNT NO WHAT HE IS DOING TIB

Yeah I wouldnt do it right away. I have some firends that know alot so I would have them help me. I just wanted to know.

xx cobra xx said:
dam READ,
If he does'nt no what he is doing, cause he would brake it by overcloking it so if you over clock a CPU and it went wrong then its fooked its to risky but if you read then its ok,
:I SAID IF HE DOESNT NO WHAT HE IS DOING TIB

yea i know he doesn't know how to overclock. and yes i did read. I dont' know why your so up and personal about this.

You talk about overclocking as if it's some hard concept. It's not. It's actually one of the simplest things you can do to gain performance from your computer.

So, obviously your little outburst is pointless, as he can learn how to overclock by just reading what my previous post states.

HOw hard is it to overclock?? All you have to do is properly set up a heatsink. You can do it with a stock heatsink also. And it's quite obvious when you have overclocked too much. Your computer locks up and you have to restart.

And how can you not know what your doing. All you have to do is raise mhz by slight increments. and den see if it works out. and den ur done.......

and whoever started this thread, what have you decided on buying???

Back
Top Bottom