Hotmail

FuRgy

BSOD
Hey guys, can i see what people have got passports with hotmail. Like can i see how much people are registered with them, and what there usernames are?

Also lets say frank emailed me something saying "i have 10 of them" can i then forward that email to anither person making them believe that frank sed "i have 5 of them" by editing it, when i forward it to them?????

that sounds very very dodgy!!!

However, if you look at the profile button below each persons post you'll be taken to a screen like this
http://computerforums.org/member.php?u=2390, you'll notice that the last part of the URL is specific to each user, so you can get details of a user just by knowing theirnumber,

What you should do is write a PHP script that parses the infomation, strt from 1 and increment the user number.

Without access to the database this is the only likely way of doing this.

If/When you do this remember that there is a time-out on checking out user profiles, so you're script will have to pause for long waits between each user.

you are user 2390, so if you only searched up to your number you'd get all the accounts registered before the 10th august this year,

You have to wait 5 seconds (I think) between user searches, so to get all the addressess it will take just over three hours.

the default time-out on most PHP servers is 60 seconds, (if a script takes longer it is assumed to have somehow crashed, or awaiting a process that has crashed).

So you have the choice of incrementing the addresses in blocks of 10, (upto however many thousand users are registered.)

or Launching the 'detail scraping' attack from your own server.

I'll assume that following your post, David, or any otherserver admins would be wise to be looking out for log entries, parseing the entire database, and the appropriate action would be taken,

this ties in with the second question.
You could just edit the original email to cut out the addersses, unless the list carries some kind of check figure there will be no way to verify the original list.

however,
I'll assume that you are in the business, or trying to make the trade in addresses your business.

firstly,
Falsifying any sort of buiness document is illeagal,
secondly, the trading of email addresses, without consent of either the owners of the address, (or the owner of the address books), is also illegal.

so whilst your idea is perfectly feasible, (and I've told you how to do it), practically it's something that you shouldn't do.

Thanks root, I'm not doing anything that bad-I'm just a kid. The reason I wanna know about how much members and their usernames, is just because I want this guys email address...Thats all.

As for changing documents its nothing like that, lol. This guy sent me an email and I wanted to forward it to my mate, But I wanted to change some things...When I click forward on the hotmail message, A blank message comes up, Just saying

To: 67890@hotmail.com

And there's nothing else in that box. (The box where you are supposed to type your message I mean)

However there is an attachment where I believe the actual message is stored, so I deleted that attachment and added another 1, the one containing the text that I wanted, and added that 1 instead.....

But when I forwarded it, it didnt work......There was no text in the box-You could download the attachment, but I wanted the text in the actual email, do you understand me????

I was just wondering, is there a simple way to check out the users on hotmail-for this forum you could just click Members tab at the top, and it will take u to a page where it lists all of the people who have registered at CF (http://www.computerforums.org/memberlist.php?)

How do I write a php script, to be honest I dont wanna do anything illegal; I don't want to HACK hotmail, just check how much users they have....And what there usernames are.

Thanks for the reply

You could forward it with outlook express. When you click forward with outlook, you can edit the whole message.

Hmmmm....Sounds like a good idea

I have no experience with outlook, can you explain...

Back
Top Bottom