A Good AMD Build?

HoWnDaWg

Solid State Member
Ok well I have been looking around for so long for a good AMD Athlon 64 Build, And I Have Found a good one for under $900 CDN And i would like to hear your feedback on this (this also DOES NOT include monitor, CD drive, ect because i have them already). The 2 places i looked for parts was www.tigerdirect.ca , and www.memoryexpress.com (local store). I order from these places because they have been rated top for canadian computer sales (or something like that :p)

So Heres The Parts And Price:

Processor- AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 3000+: $219.95 (MemoryExpress)
Mobo- Asus K8V Deluxe: $159.95 (MemoryExpress)
Memory- Ultra 512MB PC3200: $126.99 (Tigerdirect.ca)
Case- Antec Plusview 1000AMG: $109.95 (MemoryExpress)
HD- Maxtor 80GB SATA: $94.95 (MemoryExpress)
VC- nVidia FX5700 LE 256MB: $136.99 (Tigerdirect.ca)

GST/Shipping: $74.81
Rebates: $30.00
TOTAL COST: $893.59

So what do you think?

not really, your prolly thinkin that the total price is in USD, its not, there in the ol' canadian dollar, and for up here thats good, but other than price are the components good?

o, sorry I forgot about the canadian price stuff. In that case yeah the compnents are pretty good. But get a different ram stick. 512 is fine, but get corsair, kingston, crucial, mushkin, ocz, stuff like that, ultra isn't that good. And DEFINITELY get a better video card among everything else. That card isn't good by any means. Even the ultra version of that loses in some benches to a 9600xt.

Ah, Canadian dollars.. I almost fell for the same thing and posted a comment saying "massive ripoff".

Good choices. The video card is pretty good. The Fx5900 XT is great, but don't buy it unless you really need it.

Back
Top Bottom