Strange Problem

Britannic Ace

Beta member
Hi Folks! I have a rather unusual problem with my system. I changed the graphics card on it to a Voodoo 5 last night, but for some strange reason it only boots with the original graphics card in it as well! Any ideas?

Strange...So ure previos graphic cards not even in there, and ure PC boots up with it?????
What was ure previous graphics card?

The current situation is this; the card my monitor is coupled up to is the Voodoo 5, and the other card is just floating about in the motherboard with no monitor in it. I don't know what card it is as it came with an older system and is just installed as 'Default'. Still, if I take it out, my system doesn't boot at all.

Did you uninstall the drivers from the old card before you put the voodoo5 in?

take out the voodoo5
bootup with old card
remove all graphic card drivers
remove old gcard
install voodoo 5
install it's drivers

ACE m8 err write get your moniter cable plug it in the onbored grachics then your voodoo... disk install the drivers then once done that restart your pc, then when loaded up click on start,run type DXDIAG in wait for it to load up then at the top click on DISPLY THEN DISABLE YOUR ONBORED GRACHICS THEN ENABLE YOUR OTHER ONE THEN PLUG YOUR MONITER CABE INTO YOUR VOODOO ONE

Back
Top Bottom