I Need Your Advice

albengineer

Solid State Member
I am a university student. I want to learn about computers more. My interests are Internet and Networking. It sounds very interesting to me. I want to learn by myself. I am an Electrical and Electronics engineering student.

What would you advice me to do? Any book? Where shall I start.
Your help is very appreciated. Please drop a few lines.
Thank you from now!

I reckon you should read a book, and buy networking magazines on a regular bases, and also just fiddle around with stuff yourself! :D :p

your library should havea whole shit load of networking books.
the internet is full of information.

what do you want o know? how hubs/switches work?, how to network computers?, how to make network enabled programs communicating on network layers?, do you want to learn about TCP/P network layers?, what the different specifications for networking (cat5 cat5e cat6) are and why they are like that? the physical limitations of local networks? the history of networks? Windows networking/Linux networking?

Networking is a very broad subject, if you can give us an intended direction, we could point you to it.

I would say talk to people who know a good deal about your interests. That is how I learn the most. Of course I work in a computer retailer/repair shop, so I get to talk about computers all day long.

Thank you all for your help.

Considering what root has asked:

I am interested in
how to network computers
Linux Networking
TCP/IP network layers

would you give me any advice about any books?

m8 your in luk, www.ozcomputers.net thats were i worked its networking, i went in the other day he asked what i was doing now i said at college doing ict and he said go in to networking, alot of people need networking people trust me, read magz, c how your network works it helps.

Back
Top Bottom