Remote Pc Control

Jaxxin

Beta member
Im looking to be able to control my computer remotely, from the internet . Basically what I would like is a program of some kind that I could install on my other computer which would give me the ability to start the computer (cold start), allow me to shut it down, allow me to boot applications, basically take full control over my computer from my laptop when I am away. Is there anyone who knows of any software out there that can do what I want and then some?

Cold start would be a bit hard. That's more hardware based than anything(Wake-on-lan and such) You'd have to find a compatable networking card(many are today) make sure your mobo can use it, etc. I've seen websites that'll do this, but I can't recall the link right off.

As for the rest, that's easy. There's microsoft remote desktop(which I don't think is free) and then VNC(which IS free) VNC is the easiest to set up IMO, but is a bit slower than MS's prog. Either of those give you full control of your computer, and both even have Java applets so you don't even need software on your client. Just don't expect it to be very fast. Both are quite slugish.

Well first off, windows has a program built in to remotly contol a pc. You can do everything you mentioned and more.

First off, I have only done this with two computers which both have xp pro. I do not know what other OS's it works with.

Get to system properties, either by control panel or right clicking my computer and selecting properties. Navigate to the remote tab. check "allow users to connect remotely to this computer". Next go to another computer that is connected to the internet (dont forget to connect the computer you will be controling to the internet). Go tothe start menu>programs>accessories>communications>remote desktop connection. When you ge to the Remote Desktop Connection window, type in the IP address of the computer you want to control where it says "Computer:"

what about a second program with a timer or something which i could preset to cold boot the computer after u shut it down.

what about a second program with a timer or something which i could preset to cold boot the computer after u shut it down.

trojan

u could plant a trojan on ur comp. beast works particualarly well. u can even set a password so that others cant log into your port

well...

You can from most modern bios enable the system to boot up at a certin time. When it boots you can have a cd in the drive that is bootable to run your connection program. Or you could set the wake up on modem as the primary command.

If you want a good program to control your remote computers, try access remote pc it's only a demo and you can't coll boot with it but you can send it ctrl-alt-del's so yeah, it's worked out great with me and a few friends, all such things i've run into are usually quite slow. you can find this at www.access-remote-pc.com hope this is what you were looking for!

Back
Top Bottom