New System!!! Please Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

computer_tech

Baseband Member
Hello,

I'm building my first computer! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

I have this so far...

-Aspire X-Alien Case
-Thermaltake Silent Purepower 480w Power Supply
-NF7-S NForce2 Motherboard
-AMD Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton"
-ATI Radeon 9800XT

Whats Next...

-Kingston HyperX 512MBx2 PC-3200
-Maxtor 200GBx2 7200RPM
-Sony Dual Layer DVD Burner

OS...

-Windows XP

QUESTION...

From what I have so far... I hooked it up to a monitor and all it did was make a series of long beeps. Is that a memory prob? And should something come up on the screen anyway telling me of that error or not?

And if your wondering, YES!!! I could have went with Athlon 64, and a better board, better video card, but I cant afford it right now. So please just answer my questions and dont give me recommendations for new hardware/software. I already know whats more advanced.

Until you recieve your RAM I wouldnt turn that thing on. It shouldnt and wont work without RAM.

Without ram, you run the risk of frying whatever else you had...I hope you stuck in some old ram..

that hard drive looks pretty cool by the way. How much it cost?

Try installing Windows XP!

Without RAM, you could make your PC all black and give it a funy smell!

Seriously, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT PLUGGING IN THE THING WITHOUT ANY RAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol if u have no ram it wont blow up c the ram slots next to that there is a light if that goes on your safe the max you can keep your pc on with out the ram+ procceser is 10secs and it would be best if u get a case with the temp on it. and if it goes ove 40 c your fooked lol and if u put your ram in and its still makes that noice it would be your processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom