Ipower has no power

db3204

Beta member
The horror of Ipowerweb can not be emphasized enough. I hate to say it, but Ipower is my web host. I have had them for almost a year and half. Why an I still with them I'll explain later. I'm amazed that anyone would rate Ipower Service as being good. Simply put, they stink. However, I can put the following in perspective for those who are reading this. First, when anyone, like me, first joins Ipower your questions are very basic. Their techs can handle these questions with no problems and you, as a customer think they are great. Once you get beyond the basics, the knowledge drops and the excuses increase. If you join, you will see for yourself after you get through basic setup and use of Ipower.

I'm also shocked how Ipower advertises certain features and does not support these features. They brag about guest book features, MySql, PHP, etc, but once you have problems forget it. At this stage you are beyond the basics of Ipower and if you need help with some of the more advanced features forget it. Get use to Ipower techs saying, “we just offer this product as a service to our customers but do not actually support it.” A good example was I had my advanced guest book hacked. I went to Ipower for help and heard their standard excuse, but they told me they would fix it for $50. Most of Ipower features are from 3rd parties, email, php, sql, php, cgi, etc, etc, etc and in all cases they either want to charge to help you, give you excuses that it is not their software and can't help and if you are lucky, may give you a link to a site pertaining to the feature. Tech support is useless except for getting you through basic setup and basic problems. After that, you'll quickly grow beyond their expertise and excuses becomes their way of acknowledging their lack of knowledge.

Control Panel...forget any good documentation. Email Support....forget them ever replying to your email....Phone Support....wait and wait and then you will get a tech with a script of excuses. It's terrible, if not the worse support in the business.

Most recently Ipower had a virus on their server. The following should indicate their lack of concern for customers. This virus went on for days (at least 6 or 7) spreading itself and Ipower treated it like a routine problem. Any of my customers who went to my site got the virus as I'm sure was the case for hundreds of other site owners. Even google cache had the virus. Finally, they got rid of the virus, but no followup, no offer of how to help those who got it and so on. Ipower went back to business as normal, ignoring their customers and offering excuses.

Anyone who see's Ipower being pushed by another site as number 1 as a top host, don't be fooled. The reason they are pushing Ipower is because Ipower gives them a percentage for every person who signs up for Ipower through them. It's about money, not service. Anyone who is fooled by rewards, labels, etc are going to swallow Ipowers marketing schemes. Look elsewhere, not for Ipower, if you want service and support after the sale.

Why do I still use Ipower. It has to do with Search Engine Ranking and uncertainty. It took me a year to get ranked well in google for 10 keywords. My fear is if I change servers, that year of hard work goes down the drain. I read all about 301 redirects, etc, but at best it seems to be a message of mixed wisdom when it comes to search engines. So Ipower has my business because of not wanting to lose my rank if I change servers, but if there was a 100% guarantee I wouldn't lose rank, I'd change in a minute.

That's my 2 cents. If you got a virus in the week of Oct 18, 2004, don't be upset at the site. Like me, I wasn't aware of it spreading throughout the net since Ipower ignored telling me they had a virus on the server. Do really want someone like this as your host?

your ranks wont change when you change hosts. By the way, man thats terrible. We at xtonet would happily take you on! We will provide good email support, and if theres ever an issue that we cant fix (terrible internal server errors) We have hired the use of professionals to aid us in such cases. So no matter what your trouble is we will solve it! If you need phone support we can provide that, but its not standard but can be supplied free of charge. Thanks for your review.

edited - typo, oops

Hmmmmmm i have seen that before-Sure you didnt copy it? LOL
anyways good review thanx for that!

camers said:
We at xtonet would happily take you on! We will provide good email support, and if theres ever an issue that we cant fix (terrible internal server errors) We have hired the use of professionals to aid us in such cases. So no matter what your trouble is we will solve it! If you need phone support we can provide that, but its not standard but can be supplied free of charge. Thanks for your review.

edited - typo, oops

Self Advertising ++ ! :D :D :eek: :eek:

Well, i'd rather him have a decent host than ipower, no?

Back
Top Bottom