Wooo! Linux again *says hello to tux*

don't use mandrake!! sure its noob friendly, but its soo bloated and slow. Biggest RAM hog ever... SuSE is the same way, and fedora is better but still. Get Yoper, or Lycoris and if you are a linux guro, get slackware/gentoo/debian

yah no kernal recompiling to get drivers to work, no compiling apps yourself and worryng about packages, guanteed apps will work.etc

yah but try getting a popular realtek nic to work with kernel 2.6 grrrr.... it senses but it wont connect. it wont even activate the device. it dotn dupport nvidia nfroce MCP networking ether.

also my 6 channel nforce (made by realtek also) audio dotn work in multichannel. (again very popular sound)

and another thing Geforce 4000MX graphics card wotn work for AGP.

and cd burning with kernel 2.4 you need to use SCSI emulation to get cd burners to work.

and on redhate linux mp3 support is disabled. Ive gotten it enabled by adding two lines of code to modules.conf and two other files and also using the mp3 libs from beep media player to assemble my own mp3 encoder/decoder to work with any mp3 player rather than getting new libs that arent garanteed to work with my setup.

Back
Top Bottom