Computer Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
if u want amd athalon u will have 2 chagne the whole shit and tht is a cool pc but u he can pay more 4 better money

Somebody has been out there fragrently misinforming people about AMDs! When I get GRTech up I'll have to do a nice Intel vs AMD thing.

Lord Kalthorn said:
I've seen as much evidence for your idea as mine?

Dude my opinion is very well substantiated by raw numbers and facts. It happens to be that AMD is ahead at this point in terms of power.

Those links are crap.. I'm sorry.. but they are all pro-Intel garbage. WRONG WRONG WRONG. We all know the AMD 64 wipes the P4 off the map into hell.

The prescott sucks:

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20040201/prescott-30.html

First, Prescott definitely does not represent monkey business, as it performs at the same level as the Northwood. In addition there is the unknown thing called SSE3, the use of which remains to be seen. That is a summary of Intel's Prescott processor in two sentences. However, is the Prescott a trendsetter?

In our opinion, the debut of a processor based on a cutting-edge process technology and architecture that only offers the same performance level as the predecessor is unanticipated. Despite 1 MB L2 cache and some optimizations, Prescott is slower than Northwood in roughly a third of our benchmarks. Software, like many 3D shooters and more serious applications like Lame, MS Movie Maker 2, Mathematica, Cinema 4D or even 3DStudio perform worse than before.

------------

Not only that, Intel actually cancelled a major chip project because of falling revenues. And additionally, those scores are just plain depressing. The Northwood is actually faster then the Prescott in so many respects.. that's just depressing.

How about you take this to the proper thread.

Both companies make good processors. AMD is king in Games. Intel is king in mobile. AMD and Intel both are about the same when it comes to servers.

Intel is now the cheaper company. AMD is now the faster company. Your opinion has to change with the times. Intel was king before 64 but now is just looking in from the sidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom