Very old computer...

I just got myself an Apple //e a few weeks ago. It still works(which isn't amazing considering how durable older compters where :p) We even have some older software from back when we had our Apple //c. *sighs* brings back memories. Turning 20 tommarow, so it's kinda a flashback of my pre-teen years ;P

Only 2 months ago I bought an Acorn Archemedes to play with when I get chance. I does you good to remember when computers worked as fast as you can. Typing lines of endless code......ah the memories.

I can do better! Spectrum ZX +2, dont have a clue what processor speed but 128k RAM!! And it uses these really advanced storage media called audio tapes!!!

Solaris said:
I can do better! Spectrum ZX +2, dont have a clue what processor speed but 128k RAM!! And it uses these really advanced storage media called audio tapes!!!

I'm afraid my osbourne 1 was quite a bit older even though it used floppy's. Although I think at the time it cost me about £3000 thats about $5500.

wow, that's an old machine alright....anyone remember the COMMADORE 64, for gaming & stuff?

i used to love that comp. & i remember the manual taught you how to write your own programs...Lol

yeah, my very 1st comp. was a commodore 64, and the best game i ever loved on it was WIZBALL.

that game was the coolest game ever, for that time.
it was definetly ahead of it's time.

took awhile to load, til i bought the fast loader cartridge....Lol

Gary Graefen said:
If you have an older ethernet card in isa style you could use it as a remote terminal to your main computer.

Good idea...
;)

I'm thinking in a router on Linux, because I' don't know if any Ms.Dos with net functions... (¿esta bien escrito esto?)

There's always plenty of fun stuff to do with old computers. I mean if it works and it can run a copy of linux, you can easily use it as a server.

my dad had two super old comps. these were the oldest things I've ever seen! one was new in the box he never used and we were playing with it.
It was a texas Instruments computer. It was made before they had Hard disks, Floppy disks, Dos, etc.
It only used one simple programming language. and you'd never have to worry about corruption. when you ran into a problem, just turn it off and back on!

Back
Top Bottom